Sunday, June 7, 2009

Life

I can't believe how fast time has gone. It's almost been 2 months since I've last blogged. Only one person was kind enough to let me know he missed reading what was happening in my life and showed he cared about what was going on. So, it's time I update.

1. Vegas is Vegas. Nothing too exciting is happening here. I haven't been out hiking for a while, but can't wait to get back out there next weekend. I love hiking. It is a new joy I found in my life. It's shocking, really.

2. School is great. I love my kiddos. There are 16 of them and we have a great time together. They are a little sassy and seem to be growing up too fast for 2nd graders, but I love them all the same. We just started an insect unit, so we have been doing a lot of fun bug activities to learn about them. I also taught a different 2nd grade class for a few weeks while mine were away on break. I did a Chinese lesson with them and it was phanomal!! Pictures are included. Also with school, I took on a fundraising event. I organized and put together a McDonalds night where the teachers worked at McDonalds and the students came in to eat and what not. 20% of that nights earnings went to the school. We earned over $450. I was happy with how it all went. I can tell you I will NEVER work fast food! I've also enjoyed visiting a Special Education Deaf room on my open hours at school. The teacher is inactive but a great guy, and the kids are so sweet. I'm even picking up a little sign language. I love it!



The are the deaf students I love to visit each day! These are my 2nd graders classifying insects.


The insect bullentin board I put up!

3. My roommate and I have found some fun behind closed doors - so we don't humiliate ourselves. We are learning the song and dance to Hoedown from the Hannah Montana movie. Laugh all you want, but it is fun and we get a kick out of it. It is really big here in Vegas. I won't lie, I kinda want to see the moive.

4. I'm counting down the days until I move to Utah. I'll be out there in August and can't wait! It'll be nice to be closer to some family and just be in a place I consider more like "home." Vegas isn't the place for me.

I'm alive and doing well. I'm happy and enjoying this time of my life. I have many challenges and hardships, but with those always comes blessings and happy moments. I know if I give it my all and don't ever give up, I will succeed and find what I am looking for. But really, I can't complain. This is an exciting time for me!

2 comments:

Melissa (Irving) Meldrum said...

I'm glad to hear everything's going great with you. It's it amazing how life works out sometimes? I hope you enjoy you're last little bit in Vegas. Keep enjoying life.

Britt Curtis said...

Oh my gosh, Meg, that was so fun to read!! Thanks for the update. :) CUTE PICS! I didn't know you visited the deaf kids sometimes. I almost got a little teary-eyed - you're really making a difference in people's lives; it's incredible. YOU are incredible!! :) T.Q.M