
Lately, I have wanted to become a runner. I see and hear all the "cool" people doing it, and I want to do it. My dear friend, Kelsey and I were talking about it one day back at the beginning of April and decided to sign up for a 5K and starting working towards it. We were thinking to do one in the summer time, but one came up for May that we decided to try. Even if we couldn't jog it, we could walk it and at least experience a 5K. Our day came this past Saturday. It was in SLC and it was a race for the cure. Thousands of people showed up to support. It was amazing! Unfortunately, Jesse had internship things to do, so AJ took us down and got pictures. They were handing out bandanas, water bottles, bags, etc... It was so much fun. Kelsey and I were nervous at the beginning, but soon were pumped and ready to go. All together, we jogged about 2.5 miles of it, and walked about .5 miles of it. We finished in about 35-40 minutes. We think we did great for being our first time. We both got the runner high, and are now looking at signing up for a 5K in June, July, and August!!


4 comments:
Megan, I think this is so cool!! Great job! My first 5k I think I walked most of it. Race day jitters and then the runners high are so fun!
Megan, you look good!
Congratulations!! That was a lot of peace fingers - you must have really been feeling it :)! I'm proud of you for setting a goal and doing it - nice job!
Running is so much fun, Congrats on your first 5k! Runners High is so Amazing I think that is why I LOVED running so much!
Post a Comment