Having a baby changes a person - emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
Emotionally - hormones are out of whack and tears come at random times, unexpectingly. You have a new baby, a person that you are soley responsible for. You cry because you love him so much, you cry because you worry about him, you cry because you are proud of yourself for having this little thing, you cry because he is so cute, you cry just because you want to and feels good. Crying is okay. It is an emotional time!
Mentally - for the first little while you are with a baby 24/7. You coo to him, sing lullabyes to him, squeal with him, speak in high pitch tones to him. This isn't necessiarly strengthening your intelect or knowledge, but it is helping your little guy become aware of sounds, which is good. By the end of the day though, you are ready for some adult interaction and conversations.
Spiritually - this is for the better. Having a little guy around makes you want to be better, to strive higher. Having this little person around helps you become more alert to your surroundings and what you are doing, in which you want to always be doing good things. You want to set that great example for him.
Physically - having a baby is physically straining! It changes your shape and form in so many ways. Stretch marks appear, hips are widened, and pain engulfs your body in places that you never knew could experience pain - lol. :) Your body is completely strentched out and all you want to do is go back to "normal" if that is possible.
For me, I know I am ready to start a vigorous workout plan. I haven't really been a "workout freak" but I feel I am going to become one to feel comfortable in my body again. I figured, if I could push out a 7 lb. baby, I can most certainly work out. More than just working out, I want to become a runner. I have never been good at running, but after having a baby I feel I can do ANYTHING! So a runner I am going to become. :) I have already found an 8 week plan online to help beginners become a runner. It helps you get to the point of running 2 miles, nonstop in 30 minutes. For me that is golden. So now that I have told you what I want to become, a runner. My goal is to be able to run a 5k then a 10k, a half marathon and someday a marathon. Of course this will take time, effort, dedication, and lots of training, but I want to shoot for these over the next several years! I am going to try to track my progress here every so often. If you are close to me, feel free to call or text me to see how I am doing, this way I am being held responsible and this isn't just some empty goal that won't get accomplished. I am DETERMINED, to become a runner and a "workout freak." All in a good way, though. Let the training begin!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment