Saturday, January 21, 2012

2011

Looking back, 2011 was a great year. Jesse and I had some great times and created great memories. We had a successful year full of trials and blessings. These are some highlights from 2011:
* moving into our own place - a cute condo
* visiting my parents in Malaysia, and taking a quick day trip to China
* learning the joyous news that we are expecting - a boy!
* Jesse passed all of his classes each semester
* visiting Jesse's relatives out in Wisconsin
* accomplishing goals

About goals, one of my goals was to contiually be reading. I couldn't be a number of books I wanted to read in the year, because I knew I would feel frustrated with myself if I didn't achieve the number, so I made it a goal to just always be reading. It was the best goal I could've done, because I read so much more and have a new found love for reading. The following is a list of the books a read - just in order of when I finished them. The italized ones were my favorite:
1. Before My Hearts Stops
2. Half the Sky
3. The Hunger Games
4. Catching Fire
5. Mocking Jay
6. Midway to Heaven
7. The Wednesday Letters
8. Through His Eyes
9. The Seventeen Second Miracle
10. The Mother's Mite
11. Escape from Rwanda
12. Matched
13. The Message
14. The Apology
15. Twice A Miracle
16. In the Dark Streets Shineth: A 1941 Christmas Eve Story

I have put this as a goal again this year, so we will see what books come my way!

No comments: